Friday, April 19, 2013

The enemy of my enemy

When a treachery proposal is the only possible one, it becomes considerable.

The fatty man sat down on a strong chair made out of stone. He smiled mysteriously.
"My little mice tell me your powers are without limits. Tell me more about them, child."
Lila grinned.
"Well, I am a Reaper and the souls I collect grant me my powers. With those, I can control people's actions. Necromancers and other Reapers are the exception, as they pay their own souls to Death in order to be able to release others. The sad thing is that every power is limited. If I don't free souls, then my powers diminish."
The Soulless rose and slapped her in the face and continued with contempt.
"You things do not free souls. You enslave and kill them. They are a natural element in this world."
Lila rubbed her sore cheek and eye before she answered.
"How can you be sure? I believe something else."
He grabbed her throat and looked her in the eye.
"I think you don't even have a clue what you're talking about and I should kill you on the spot."
Lila pushed away his hand and rose too. She started walking back to her prison cell until the Soulless pushed her against the wall. He came very close, which gave Lila a close-up of his fat face. She was clearly disgusted by it, which the Soulless seemed to take as a compliment. He smiled.
"Still, I know you only have enemies. And those happen to be my enemies too. I heard you're able to enhance Rebel bears' strength. I'll get you the necessary feed, and in return, you help me to create a safe place for the souls. You command and strengthen my warriors. I could use your powers and you could be mighty. "
"You want me to kill my own kind and become a master of your army?"
He pushed her back into the cell.
"Think about the power."

No comments:

Post a Comment